Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2014

Scrutinies - the mystery of sin and grace

Scrutiny at St James Cathedral, Seattle
If you (or I) are looking for some thoughts about the third, fourth, and fifth Sundays of Lent, idea-
starters or whatever, I want to be able to find some things quickly. So today I'm just going to put all the blog entries I've written on the scrutinies and these gospels, and put them all onto this page, so that we can find them easily. I put the word "scrutinies" in the title so that we can find them easily enough with a quick search.

The First Scrutiny (3rd Sunday of Lent, Year A)

Where's your Samaria? Who's that at your well? (Mystery of sin, part 1)
Of wells, women, and song
(more general on scrutiny and sin):
The mystery of sin (2) - Achilles heel, kryptonite, and starry-eyed interns
The mystery of sin (3) - a way out of hell
Second Thoughts: Is the Lord in our midst, or not?
The element of surprise (A3L)
Christ at Jacob's Well and Emmaus

The Second Scrutiny (4th Sunday of Lent, Year A)

Believing is seeing (1) - the Man Born Blind
Believing is seeing (2) - the dark night of a liturgical soul
Believing is seeing (3) - turning can take a while
How were your eyes opened?
John 9:9 and the co-creation of light
Rejoice! The Second Scrutiny
Light, Love, and Responsibility

The Third Scrutiny (5th Sunday Lent, Year A)

The Last Taboo
I will open your graves, and have you rise from them
Do You Believe This?
God and Death and James Alison

Now, if I can just keep this updated as I add more to them through the years?

No comments:

Post a Comment