Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Support Forum! "Putting on Christ" webinar

If there is a way to post a PDF to this blog, I can't figure it out.


I've been really busy trying to get ready for my first webinar, and the second-to-last webinar offered by the North American Forum on the Catechumenate. So I've had to let this blog go for a few days, even the "mystagogy for dummies" piece that I promised to do. First minutes I have, I will enter something.

But I hope that, if you have any interest at all, or know someone who might benefit from an introduction to the dynamics and rites of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, you will consider signing up NOW for the webinar that will take place at 2:00 p.m. EDT this Thursday, May 16. And if you can't make the webinar, maybe you can order the DVD for your parish library. Every little bit helps as we try to make a smooth departure for the home office of Forum in Washington, DC.

The webinar is called "Putting on Christ," and it's not specifically musical at all. What I hope to do is to begin from where we are in the liturgical year, so fortunately for me, right between Ascension and Pentecost, and looking back through our experience of the last  50 days as well as forward to Sunday's feast, to try to make sense of Christian initiation from the outcome of it, that is, of a Pentecost people, a church in mission. I've worked for a long time on the presentation, not on the slides, so much (there aren't any pictures!) but on the meaning and the ideas. 

At any rate, I thought you might be able to help me/us spread the word. I won't make any more for my presentation if there are a hundred people than a dozen, but Forum will, and we all know that dissolving the corporation will be a time-consuming and expensive process. Your presence will help make that easier.

In case you need it, here is a link to the site where you can sign in. Thanks for your consideration. And we need you! My mom can only sign up so many times!
Thanks to VICKIE for the idea on this - don't use mail! Log onto www.naforum.org and click the webinars tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment